When looking for kitchen cabinet installation services, it is important to work with a professional that knows what they are doing. Many homeowners try to do this themselves, thinking that it will be easier than it is. Fortunately, whether you have us create customized cabinets or order them online, we can provide the kitchen cabinet installation services you need to get the job done correctly.
Here are some common mistakes people make:
- Not finding the studs. When your home was built, the contractor would have created a frame using studs (typically 2X4 pieces of wood). The insulation would have gone in between, with drywall secured to them. When you look at your wall, you see the drywall and not the studs underneath. Drywall is a thin material and should only be used to hang the lightest of picture frames. If you try to hang cabinets without securing them to a stud, they will fall down, if not immediately, once the dishes are in place.
- Hanging them crooked. It is fairly easy to hang cabinets and have them come out crooked. As the house settles, the ceiling and floors may dip slightly so you can’t do this by site alone. You need to use a level and check it frequently. We make sure that they are straight and level when completing a kitchen cabinet installation.
- Damaging the surface or face. If you struggle while putting your cabinets in place, it can be easy to damage their surface. After spending money on new ones, this is a fast way to instantly make them appear old or dated.
- Not measuring correctly. It is important to properly measure the space so that your cabinets are the right size. Otherwise, you could end up with a kitchen that only looks partially finished.
- Gaps. People, that are new to installing cabinets, may find it challenging to connect them perfectly, creating gaps in between them that leads to an unprofessional or unfinished appearance.
- Trouble opening and closing. If the hinges are not installed correctly, your cabinets may not open and close like they should. This is especially challenging with installing the drawers since they need to smoothly open and close.
We provide professional kitchen cabinet installation services so that you can avoid all of these common mistakes when remodeling your kitchen. Cabinets are a significant investment into your remodel. Whether you have them created specifically for your home, buy them online or at the hardware store, they are not cheap. Paying money for your new cabinets then taking a shortcut with the installation is unwise. This can lead to further damage of your cabinets or worse yet, your kitchen. If, for example, they are hung without using a stud, you never know when the unit will fall down. When it does, someone may be hurt; your dishes broken and a hole created in your wall. In order to avoid a situation like this, we highly recommend working with a professional that is licensed and bonded such as ourselves.