When remodeling a kitchen, custom cabinets will make a huge difference in the overall functionality of your space. Some people elect to only refinish the front of their cabinets during a remodel. While this does save money, it won’t yield the full benefits of a complete kitchen remodel that include making your life a little easier.
Whenever you design something you are able to take into consideration how you use the space. Where you store your spices, the type of food you cook, and how you move about the kitchen all play into design decisions. The challenge with existing cabinetry is that they weren’t designed with you in mind which can lead to a lack of functionality.
Here is how custom cabinets can help you.
· Everything in its place. When designing your cabinetry we will discuss with you all of the pots, pans, dishes, spices, bowls, food, silverware, appliances etc. that you use. Your design plan will include a functional location to store each of these items. The design should make it easy to access what you need, when you need it. This will also save you time when putting dishes away.
· Correct height. If you are tall or short, the standard counter height may not meet your needs. When your kitchen is customized we can build it to your specifications which will make cooking more comfortable.
· See what you are storing. We can install pull out drawers inside of your cabinets so that you can see what you are storing inside. This will save you from digging through a dark cabinet in search of your favorite bowl. Everything is brought into the light, instead of you digging.
· Correct width. Do you have a lot of placements or a special silverware holder? If so, standard drawers may not be wide enough. We can ensure that drawers are designed to fit these special items.
· Pan storage. Pans can be extremely messy. If you like to bake, you probably have a lot of pans and cooling trays. Placing them inside of a flat drawer doesn’t make sense. Our stand up storage solutions can organize your pans so that they can be categorized and easily located.
· Maximize small spaces. Every corner, nook, and cranny can be utilized when you have custom cabinets made. No space is wasted because we are able to come up with creative design solutions.
· The right color. Functionality is important but so is design. Each homeowner has their preferred color choice when it comes to wood. Your cabinets can be completely customized to fit your homes design and showcase your personality. You can add whimsy be selecting fun or unique knobs and drawer pulls.
· Electrical. We can install electrical outlets into on the counter appliance garages so that you can use your toaster without taking it out of its hiding spot. These little extras will keep your kitchen looking clean and fresh.
There is a huge variety of options to choose from when designing custom cabinets for your kitchen. We are the home remodeling experts and can help you to identify exactly what you need and install them without a hitch. Call us to learn more or to schedule an in home consultation.